INTRO TO CERAMICS
Saturdays 10am to 1pm at The Dragonfly
CLICK BOOK ONLINE BELOW or CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Not ready to commit to a full 6-week class? Try out various beginner ceramics techniques and methods in hand-building (creating and constructing without a pottery wheel) as well as basics of the Pottery Wheel – all in a single-day workshop – at our fully equipped ceramics studio at 1511 Colley Ave in the heart of beautiful Ghent Norfolk.
Here’s a small list of what you’ll explore:
- The basics of working with clay – characteristics, types, etc.
- Simplified overview of ceramics art from very beginning to final firing
- Hand-building techniques – how to construct a basic form – forming, attaching, best practices, etc. (Approx. 1 hour)
- Pottery Wheel techniques – how to “throw” clay using a pottery wheel – basic techniques (Approx. 1 hour)
- Overview of Glazing (actual glazing is not performed in this class due to the limitations of a single-day workshop)
This workshop will give you a better understanding of ceramics and allow you to decide if you’d like to have MORE fun and take one of our longer classes. Both Hand-Building and Pottery Wheel are available in our standard 6-week class format – AT A DISCOUNT OF 10% FOR INTRO TO CERAMICS WORKSHOP ATTENDEES!
Cost: $48 – includes all supplies and 3 hours of instruction – CLICK BOOK ONLINE BELOW or CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Days / Times: Saturdays 10am to 1pm
Class Size Limit: 10
Questions? Complete the form below or text us any time at 757-324-5488