Introduction to Encaustic Wax Painting
with Samantha Wegener
***Special 3-Hour Workshop***
LIMITED CLASS SIZE!
TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE CLICK HERE OR CLICK THE BOOK ONLINE BUTTON BELOW
Questions? Text us at 757-324-5488
Saturday, December 10, 2pm to 5pm
This beginner encaustic workshop will give participants a hands-on introduction to the encaustic process. Your instructor, Samantha Wegener, will provide a demonstration of basic technique followed by hands on studio time. You will have a chance to explore encaustic tools in a safe comfortable work environment. This workshop is ideal for anyone interested in encaustic painting.
The Workshop focuses on materials, tools, safe studio practices, collage, stencils, incising and transfer techniques. You will also have ample opportunities to experiment with techniques and create finished pieces. Student will complete 1 to 4 finished works of art.
Click the GALLERY tab at the bottom for more pictures!
Class size limited – No previous drawing or painting experience necessary.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN
- Safe studio set up and practices
- Use of tools and implements
- Encaustic materials: paints, medium, supports, collage materials, etc.
- Encaustic techniques: paint application, layering, fusing, color mixing, creating texture, scraping/incising, collage and embedding, image transfer, masking and stencils
- Students will leave with 1 to 4 finished pieces
No experience is necessary for this class. Most supplies will be provided.
Age Level: 16 and up. View our class registration, cancellation, and other policies here.
Questions? Text us any time at 757-324-5488!